Trout Fishing on Lake Taupō
Lake Taupo is famous for its amazing trout fishing. Book a trip with Richard Staines of White Striker Charters and you’ll be in good hands with Taupo’s most experienced charter boat operator.
Harling, jigging and trolling with downriggers are the main methods that Richard uses to catch Taupo’s rainbow and brown trout. All top quality Shimano fishing tackle is supplied.
We have a 2 hour minimum, but 3 to 4 hours are recommended and longer trips can also be arranged.
You will be fishing on White Striker IV, which is a 10 metre (32ft) Genesis Euro cruiser that’s outfitted with a 250 HP Hyundai engine and has plenty of space for up to eight anglers to fish in comfort. Apart from all the necessary safety and navigation gear, the boat has an on-board toilet, full kitchen facilities, and a fridge/freezer as well. The boat is designed for fishing in all weather conditions.
Trout Fishing Rates
You can buy a 24-hour fishing license from Richard or you can bring your own.
Buy a Taupō fishing licence online.
Bring a pair of polarised sunglasses and some snacks if you like and you’ll be ready to catch trout on beautiful Lake Taupo.
- Plenty of space for up to eight anglers to fish in comfort.
- All top quality Shimano fishing tackle supplied.
- Your catch is cleaned and bagged for you.
- We can arrange to have your trout smoked.
Rates are per hour for the boat
- 1 to 6 people
- $150.00 per hour (for the boat)
- 7 people
- $160.00 per hour (for the boat)
- 8 people
- $170.00 per hour (for the boat)
- 24 hour fishing licence
- Adults $20.00, Children $4.50